Friday 7 February 2014

Tick Tock I Made A Clock!!

This is a Mixed Media piece I really enjoyed making, I wanted to add the clock element into the Canvas and thought it turned out pretty good in the end. The canvas is around 19"x 7", I used a sheet from the range Madame Payrauds for the first layer it has some lovely pictures on it, once i had glued that down i used washed out Gesso before adding more layers of paste to add texture. I used Stazon ink and stencilled cogs all over the canvas to give it depth, after that I gave another whit wash of Gesso before adding the cogs and ripping more of the sheet adding pictures of birds and patterns to give interest.

The cogs were cut of from a cameo, the card stock had texture paste put over them before drying. once that was dry I painted them black and rubbed over Inka gold. The Inka Gold was used over the entire picture in places and around the frame edge. Buttons added the finishing touches with some gold spray and black spray flicked here and there. I added some words in the bottom right hand side saying 'Time together inspire dreams for a lifetime of inspiration' These were taken from a Tim Holtz word book.







No comments:

Post a Comment